Catching Up on Thursday x3 Memes

Yes, well, I'm behind on a few different Memes...

3x Thursday: 08/14/y2k+8: How Do You Handle...
1. Do you freak out about the little things or the big things? Why?

Oh, the little things the most, because the little things are what crop up the most and cause the most stress in some funny way. The little things are often the final straw in some weird way, so that is what makes the load too heavy.

2. How do you handle death and dying?

Death and dying is not a big thing in my world. EMTs see people in all different stages of dying or dead. Some are dying right there in your rig without any fanfare, others are dying slowly by inches but we won't be walking them to the grave on this trip. It is a part of life. I am upset when someone I know dies. But it is different.

I handle it by celebrating life. Sometimes that is in a good meal, or making love, or just being. Being sad, being happy, just being.

3. How do you handle being yelled at by someone? What do you do about it?

I listen. I don't by nature yell at people; so I am unlikely to yell back. I will often speak calmly and quietly to the yeller. Eventually they realise that I am not going to change my tactic, and so eventually cease yelling.

3x Thursday: 08/21/y2k+8: Personal Favorites
1. What are your favorite colors?

Well, I have a few. Wine colour (like a deep burgundy), hunter or forest green, cerulean blue, silver, blue-grey.

2. What is your favorite kind of clothing to wear? Why? What's your least favorite?

Favourite clothing; EMT pants (I think in normal life they are called cargo pants), casual tops. I love wearing clogs. I have hiking boots that I am attached to as well. I enjoy casual dress the most.

Least favourite; anything dressy. Anything fashionable - high fashion, I should say. High heels are definitely way up on the list of things I refuse to wear. I like being alive.

3. Do you like to take showers or baths? Why/why not?

I like showers for fast in and out cleaning and getting the day started. Showers are quick, invigorating and pleasant.

I love taking a bath in a gigantic swimming tub. Baths are a leisure time kind of thing, though, something for destressing and relaxing and reading a book. Scented bath water, soft music without lyrics, lit candles. A huge tub with bubbles and ambiance. Time to spare. A novel, not a learning kind of book.

3x Thursday: 08/28/y2k+8: Alone Time
1. Do you ever get a 'break' from people (Say your S.O. goes on a personal vacation or something)? If you do, do you like the time alone? Why/why not?

I get breaks from my coworkers, my other partners on the rig and my husband. I like that. I need alone time and I need downtime from people I love the most. My husband doesn't go on a lot of business trips but the four to eight times a year that he does travel are wonderful and appreciated by both of us.

My coworkers and I don't always interact. I don't have to deal with them each and every day necessarily - but we get downtime from one another. And I appreciate them that much more as well.

I need alone time more than other people, in general, do. I am by nature a loner and my job tells me that as well as my need to have my own room at home and my hammock in the back yard. My best success is my last and my current job... where I am the HR department, a department of one. In a group setting, I am not at my best.

2. Do you think being alone is a bad thing? Why/why not?

No, I think it is important to have alone time. And I never worry or obsess the way many women do about being alone. It simply is not a concern that I have. My personality is strong. I need alone time to keep it balanced. I need alone time when I am upset to allow myself time to process those things that are upsetting. And sometimes I just need to not deal with people. I need to regain my perspective, something I cannot do with others around.

3. Everyone gets lonely sometimes. How do you cope with being lonely? What do you do to make that feeling go away?

I usually read. I am never alone or lonely when I am with friends found in novels!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...