Finally Found a Friday Meme!

August 29, 2008 - Four For Friday

Q1 - School Bus: In order to meet the demands associated with its $17 million budget deficit, the Humble, Texas, Independent School District is now selling advertising space on their school buses. According to local news reports, auto dealers, hospitals, homebuilders, parking lots, and other businesses are among the first to advertise on the buses. Do you think it's okay for school districts to use their busses as rolling billboards? What if the advertisements appeared inside the bus as well?

Wow. These are certainly well-thought out questions. I'm definitely going to enjoy this one on Fridays!

No, I don't think it is okay to use the outside of the school busses for advertising. I get too much advertising thrown at me everywhere I go now. No, it is never effective with me. I'm too pissed off at the company doing this to buy their products. But this is odious. Pandering to advertisers because the school system is unable to sustain itself. And why is that? Let's look at all the illegal residents with kids in the school systems in Texas (far more than what you will find here, I guarantee you that). Why should we have to subsidize this.

Q2 - Sponsorship: Michael Jordan has Nike. Tony Stewart of NASCAR fame has The Home Depot. If any company or brand could sponsor you, whom would you want as your sponsor?

Okay, lots of rules here. I would want Yankee Candle or Iluminations or maybe ebay to sponsor me. However, if any of them sponsor any kind of religious groups, then I would not use them. I cannot in good conscience condone that. For example: Dominoes Pizza supports anti-abortion church doctrine. I can't give them anything at all. It works out well, though, because their pizza tastes awful anyway!

Q3 - Engrish: Professional golfers on the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) tour have been told that by the end of 2009, all players who have been on the tour for two years must pass an oral evaluation of their English skills or face suspension. Do you think it's right for the LPGA to demand that their players speak English?

That is ludicrous. I don't think this is right at all. The LPGA doesn't have the words English Speaking anywhere in the title so no, I don't agree that they should be able to do that. How complete unprofessional.

Q4 - Vice President: Earlier today, John McCain announced Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his vice presidential candidate/running mate, while last week Barack Obama announced Delaware Sen. Joe Biden as the Democratic nominee. Did you follow the vice presidential candidate selection process? How important is the VP candidate when you cast your vote?

I don't follow anything political at all and know nothing of either vice presidential candidates. How amazing. I have never heard of either person. I am surprised that Hillary wasn't chosen for the Democratic ticket, but hey, that is okay with me as well. I wasn't too thrilled about her anyway. John McCain is a fossil that will likely want to continue the war efforts in Iraq and while I am not totally sold on Obama for president, he at least is on the far side of 80 and not as abysmally stupid as McCain seems to be. I guess I will have to vote for Obama. They are all lying political slaves so I suppose when you really get down to it, what difference does it make?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...