Sunday's Seven: Episode #153
You decide to downsize, so you move into a smaller apartment. While you’re smiling about the huge stacks of cash you’ll save, you realize that you have room for just a few pieces of furniture (not counting kitchen appliances and bathroom fixtures). So I guess you can imagine your challenge this week.
THIS WEEK’S QUESTION: Name the seven pieces of furniture (excluding kitchen and bathroom) that you couldn’t do without.
Hmmm. Let's see.
1. The water bed. Granted, most people feel that they cannot live without their beds, but mine is three feet high, with drawers (six on each side) and a beatiful headboard and design work and it is so COMFORTABLE. It is far and away the best bed anywhere!
2. The Sky Chair. Hanging chairs are the neatest things. I read in it all the time, and it is designed to hold something crazy like 300lbs, so I am not worried that it won't keep my oversized butt from hitting the floor.
3. The hammock. It is an outdoor piece of furniture and the only decent one we have (that metal table and matching chairs are crap, which is what we paid for them anyway). I love being in it all of the time. It's an all-out piece, too - the pad on it, the pillow, the whole thing! But no canopy - what good is that? I'm not inclined to be in it in the rain and see no reason why a canopy would be a positive addition.
4. The cat-tail friendly rocking chair and ottoman. Both in black leather and the chair adjustable, this is a must-have. They both rock but the floor pieces don't move, so one cannot pin accidently an animal's tail that is nearby. Both are exceedingly comfortable.
5. My desk. I realise I don't often use it, but it is a good place to work and is an invaluable repository for everything that goes in my office at home until I put it away.
6. The bookshelves - all of them! Between the two of us, we have a million books and these are a necessary way of keeping them. We have always owned many, many bookshelves.
7. The eating-room table. Gotta have some place to work on my jigsaw puzzles!