Hello, and welcome once again to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!
- What non-food items are in your refrigerator or freezer? Uh, well, suppositories for nausea. Hey, you asked!
- What non-book items are on your bookshelves? Well, for a while I had Luis' crappy Nutrisystem foods on a couple of them, but I have since reorganised a lot of the kitchen and the food is no longer on those shelves which is fine. I hated having it out there and unbelievably visible. Especially since it turned out to be a colossal waste of his money. True, it is his money to waste, but I would rather he embark on a successful plan instead.
- What song or album in your music collection doesn’t fit in with your usual tastes? Almost none of it does. I have a whole collection of The Scottish Rogues, which is bagpipe music, a truly acquired taste. I love it. Luis hates it. This from a man who listens to utter junk like Brittney Spears. Not the man I would go to for taste in music. I also have music by Fatboy Slims, not my usual taste, but music in good television shows and/or movies will change the landscape of my tastes as well. I also like Lykke Li's song Get Some. Who can say what is good and what isn't?
- What item in your wardrobe really doesn’t match anything else? Ah, my beautiful Catskill Mountain Moccassins. The best boots that money can buy. The first pair from 23 years ago was $525 and then about six years ago (maybe a little less) I upgraded the buttons on them for another $100. The second pair was $350, third was $400 and the last... you'd better sit... was $1,483. Yeah. But they are just THAT incredible.
- What scar on your body did you receive in the unlikeliest of ways? Huh... except for the three tiny scars on my right knee from arthroscopic surgery none of them came in normal ways. Most of the scars I have were from scratching the ever-loving shit out of some pock marks from having the chicken pox when I was five. Can you believe it? I'm 43. Those scars will never go away. It's weird. And my mother chased me all over the apartment to put Calamine lotion on those bloody pock marks just to make sure that wouldn't happen. But the itch is mightier than the lotion. I hated that stuff anyway. Made me cold!
Thanks for participating, and have a tomatoey weekend!