WTF Friday - Taking your Biggest Flaw on a Long Vacation

cool with me. Then there are specific day logos.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Taking your biggest flaw on a long vacation

You do realise that the logo and title stands for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, the only days the site administrator puts up memes. What were you thinking?

Happy birthday!
 
1) During a job interview, if you are asked "What is your biggest flaw?" how do you answer? My biggest flaw is wanting to be a perfectionist, and getting everything to be just so and as perfect as possible. It is a flaw that is also a good point. I used to teach people how to do interviews, and that was the most common question that gave so many people problems.

2) You're about to board an airplane for a week-long vacation, and following the federal regulations on liquids, you have a quart-size plastic  bag with small liquid items in your carry-on bag. What toiletries are in your plastic bag (You can fit about eight 3-ounce-or-less bottles in the bag)? I never carry any liquids in the carry-on case - just entertainment for the flight, my camera, laptop, books, iPod, etc. I do bring solid foods and buy bottled water on the tarmac after security. That way it is not ever an issue. The only items I bring in the carry case are my medications. I can't take that chance that something will happen to them.

3) Have you ever searched for your house on Google Maps? No. I have a navigator in my car, anyway.

4) Opening in U.S. theaters this weekend, the movie "What's Your Number" is about a woman who hunts down her ex-lovers when she reads a magazine article warning that people who have had 20 or more relationships have missed their chance at true love. Do you think couples should tell each other how many past lovers they've had? That is different for each couple. I know some couples where one partner is extremely jealous of others (such a stupid and wasteful emotion), so I would not tell him anything about other former partners - especially if you are still friends with that person. Luis knows all my past lovers and I know his. Neither of us are at all the jealous types.

5) What would you want to be written on your tombstone, if you could pick what it said? This sounds familiar... did I answer this somewhere? Anyway, mine would read, "He who dies with the most money is still dead."

6) If you could change the ending of any existing book, movie, or TV series, which would it be and what would happen instead of the real ending? Interesting question... I have no idea. I'll have to think about that. Sadly, most shows are incredibly easy to see what is coming.

7) What do you think about people who wear flip-flops, tank-tops, and/or shorts in the winter when it snows and is freezing outside? How stupid are you? Really, now, just how stupid are you?

8) Do you have a "comfort object" (meaning something that anytime you are upset or scared, it can always make you feel better)? Um... yes. Sorcha, my cat. She is 17lbs of Maincoon love. Purring, soft, fuzzy love. Just what anyone needs to smile again.

9) Would you rather live in a blissful ignorance or in a pain-filled reality? I don't believe you need to choose one over the other. I live very much in the real world - blissful, lovely, painful, sad, and most of the time somewhere in between pain and ecstacy, for a good healthy balance. Now, here is how this works for me: normally I live in reality. I suppose for some reality is "pain-filled", but it certainly need not have THAT much pain. I have no trouble with the reality part because true reality is a mixed bag.
 
The ignorance - and in this it IS blissful - comes in here: I do NOT (ever, no exceptions) catch the news on the telly, in the movies, hear it on the radio, read it in newspapers or online.  I prefer to receive my bad news second-hand, as through friends. I know eventually I will get chapter and verse on whatever is going on in the world... but I still like it disseminated through friends...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...