WTF Thursday - Exotic Animals in Black Wedding Dresses Create a Stink

1) With today (Oct. 20) being "Shampoo Day," I'm curious... Do you actually "rinse and repeat" or just rinse without repeating? You have to be kidding. One shampoo, one conditioner is enough. I have oily hair so I have to wash it every day, too. Rinse and repeat would drag it out far too much.

2) The 2011 World Series kicked off Wednesday with the St. Louis Cardinals beating the Texas Rangers. If you went a baseball game today, what would you buy from the concession stands? I wouldn't ever be at a game of any kind. I really, really wouldn't. Not ever.

3) October is National Squirrel Awareness Month. Do you find squirrels to be cute animals, annoying pests, or something in between? Oh, squirrels are complete and utter pests. I brake for them, same as other animals, but they have eaten our squad house to a shell so I have no love of them. National Squirrel Awareness Month? You can't be serious. What the hell for? We all know they are out there.

4) On Tuesday, tigers, lions and bears were let loose in Zanesville, Ohio, by their owner before he committed suicide, leading to a hunt in which 49 of the animals, including 18 endangered Bengal tigers, were killed. How would you react if you saw "Caution exotic animals. Stay in your vehicle" being displayed on a road sign? I'd get my camera out just in case there was one out there. Who allowed this to happen? And killing them? They couldn't just shoot them with a trank and put them in an animal preserve? Really, why kill them?!

5) Researchers from University College London has published the results of a study on Facebook's effect on the brain. They say the size of some parts of the brain correlate to how many friends people have on Facebook. How do you feel about the effect of today's social media on your brain? I'd say it is negligible. I am not hooked to it the way so many others are. I like it but prefer reading to just mindlessly posting whatever on my Facebook page. There are people who wake up and just type in "good morning", which seems nice until you realise that much like cigarettes, they cannot disengage themselves from it. That is just crazy.

6) The authors of that study also said that the people studied with the biggest Facebook friends list tended to have the most "real world" friends. How does the amount of your "real world" friends compare to the friends you have solely over the Internet? Incomparable. I have very few sole Internet friends. However, they are some of the closest friends I have.

7) For her Fall 2012 clothing line, Vera Wang has created a bunch of black wedding dresses. What would you think if you went to a wedding and the bride surprised everyone by wearing a fully black dress? Uh... no. Yikes. I'd be horrified.

8) My fiance and I had to remove two dead mice from behind my couch this week. Talk about a disgusting stench. What has been the worst odor you remember smelling recently? Do you really want to know? As an EMT, I smell things that make long-dead mice smell like roses. But if you really, really want to know, we had a call recently with a man who was pretty far gone with a very bad lower GI bleed - so that is an interesting blend of fecal matter and blood - thick, rich, dark red blood - the kind found inside the body, not the bright red of a surface cut. It smells unique and not just a little disturbing. I have a riding partner who can put up with almost anything, but not this. He turns white as a sheet with lower GI bleeds. I am immune. The thing that gets me is any kind of vomitus. Especially bloody vomitus. But we really all do have a trigger - something we cannot handle. I carry Vick's Vap-O-Rub to combat odors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...