Sunday Stealing - The Questions Galore Meme - Part II

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme. Let's go!!!

Rammstein - the concert I saw with Greg
Today we ripped off a blogger named Jenni from the blog Juniper's Jungle. It's long, so we will do it in parts. She states that she found this meme Budgies blog. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Take the time to comment on other player's posts. It's a great way to make new friends! Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!

Sunday Stealing: The Questions Galore Meme, Part 2

Cheers to all of us thieves!

21. What was the last song you listened to that wasn’t sung in English? Rammstein's Spring is the last song I listened to that wasn't sung in English. It is sung in German and I can sing with it. Before you ask the obvious question, no, I don't speak German. But my mother did and I had several German friends and I just picked it up from repeat listening. I can also sing the lyrics to Hymn to Red October and Государственный гимн Российской Федерации, "Gosudarstvenny Gimn Rossiyskoy Federatsii" just from watching and listening to The Hunt for Red October. Some of the greatest music in the world comes from movies. I don't speak that much Russian that I normally can sing in it. I also can sing several songs in Spanish and Gaelic. Again, it is all by rote singing, rather than innate knowledge of the language. I wish I had an aptitude for foriegn languages, but unfortunately that strength is in the same side of the brain as mathematics skills and you know how terrible my math skills are. I'm all about the creative, fiery side, the ruling passion of fire and air. I'm not grounded enough for those skills.

22. One of our SS players generally leaves a critical comment on our memes. Which is fine. All's fair. Do you let meme authors know when you hate their memes? I have to say in fairness I have never hated anyone's memes. Some of them I am not good at and not really able to contribute much and I will tell them that this is not my strength (an excellent example is the Queen's Meme #98 - The Picture Caption Meme. I'm quite out of my league on that. Normally, however, she asks questions and as a general rule I am good at answering interesting posers.

23. What TV show would you like to be on? Oh, good one. I could be on a whole host of them: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Castle, Grey's Anatomy, Once Upon a Time (and that has not even aired yet) and so many others. If I had to pick one... oh, now, that is hard... I'd go for CSI.

24. What was the last video game you played? The irony... I normally never play video games so I would have had to say that I could not recall. However, Luis and I went for a walk in the park across the street (yes, Volunteers Park, fittingly, since that is where my squad and the Heavy Rescue guys are based) to test how far the WIFI would work on his new tablet. We were sitting with my friend from Car 66, Rob, and Luis was showing him a game called Angry Birds. I'd never heard of it. We began to talk about legacy games and Luis pulled one up with coloured balls on it and when you get 3 or more together of the same colour they clear the screen. So the answer is yesterday afternoon. Of course, it will be another five years before I do that. As a rule, I prefer real games, be it cards or a board game.

25. Have you ever been in a musical? If yes, do tell. Well... sort of. In high school we put on Pippin. I have no latent singing ability (I sing all the time, but always alone. Just because I sing all the time doesn't mean I have the voice for it) I was on the lighting crew. But I was the only who actually had the Pippin soundtrack, so I was able to provide a lot more than lighting. I have to say that play was the most fun I had and it was nice to be accepted into a group. And the cast and crew party at the end of the several days of plays was great!

26. Do you follow your own style or everyone else’s? Oh, now, what do you think? My own, always my own, sometimes to my own detriment.

27. What’s the last store you bought from? I went to Barnes & Noble yesterday to pick Jean M. Auel's book The Valley of the Horses. I must have lent my original to someone and never gotten it back, because I searched our home library and could not find it. And since I had just finished The Clan of the Cave Bear, I could not move on until I got this book. Before that I was at Pearl Paint in NYC to pick up art supplies.

28. In retrospect, have you ever let a person use you a lot? Not for very long. Once I'm on to it, I put the brakes on... if anything, I tend to slam them on.

29. What are you doing two days from now? On Wednesday? I haven't the faintest idea. I guess I will know when I get there.

30. Did you ever believe there were monsters in your closet? I would not recall, but I should think so. That seems so natural to children.

31. When you graduated high school, did you let random people sign your yearbook or just close friends? Just close friends. I had a ton of space in my yearbooks and I have since burnt them all. I was very scarred by high school.

32. Would you consider adopting a child that had a mental illness? I wouldn't consider adopting a child full stop.

33. Does thinking about death scare you? The first thing one learns as an EMT is that death is very much a part of life. I am not afraid of death itself and know that if I live long enough there will come a time when I will be ready to go because I have lived a good, long, full life. I will say that I worry a bit about how I will die (make it quick and painless, please) and when. Other than that, I have very much come to terms with life being a finite prospect.

34. If you died, do you believe that you go to Heaven or Hell and where would your spirit go? I will just have to wait and see, won't I? I really haven't the faintest idea. I mean, I think I have lived a good life. But Heaven seems so dry and dull and maybe reincarnation is better. Especially if I could recall this life and learn from it (yes, I do live a rich fantasy life...).

35. Who did you last write a snail mail letter to and why? The last snail mail letter I wrote was to my former manager. I keep meaning to get in touch with Daniela and Molly but it has been so long since I have written that I don't know how to open it....

36. Do you care what people say or think about you? To some extent, sure. You can't tell me that this doesn't affect everyone in some way - some more than others. For the most part I am well aware of my flaws and hearing them repeated just makes me say, "Yes, that's me." Falsehoods? Well, let them figure it out. I am little bothered by what the ignorant may have to say as it is made without them knowing me.

37. Have you ever been threatened? In my life as an EMT or a Human Resources Manager? Take your pick. The answer is all the time. I've learned to shrug that off, too. It goes with the territory.

38. Which side of your family do you get most of your qualities from? Genetics figure very strongly into one's make up. Both sides are equally giving me all kinds of traits, good, bad and indifferent.

39. What was the last thing with alcohol that you drank? Um... a fuzzy navel without the fuzz (that's what I call it) - orange and peach schnaps, no ice, and definitely no vodka. It was at Leora's wedding in September. The only reason I had two was because I was freezing my ass off and I happen to know alcohol makes one feel warm. Otherwise I never touch the stuff.

40. Have you ever kept a relationship a secret? It has been known to happen. That's all you get, though!

Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Stop back and visit other player’s posts. That is really what this is all about, making new friends! Have a great week. See you next Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...