Saturday 9: Sleeping to Dream

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Sleeping to Dream

1. Do you ever go to sleep to simply dream? I have, usually when waking up from a dream that was so good, I never wanted it to stop!

2. When you’re having trouble staying awake, what are some things you do to make sure you don’t drift off to sleep?I try reading, watching the telly, playing music, getting up and working around the house. I'm not usually able to sleep without sleeping medication, though, so this is not a huge problem...

3. What’s most likely to cause you a prolonged period of not enough sleep?Running out of Ambien...!

4. When you’re going through a prolonged period of not enough sleep, what parts of your daily routine are likely to change, and how?I become more irascible. I also will nap but not get a good deep, REM state sleep that I so desperately need.

5. In what ways does your personality change when you go through a prolonged period of not enough sleep?I just get short with people. Or dazed. I've had my fair share of feeling awful when on a 24 hour shift as an EMT operating on far too little sleep. Not fun.

6. Who in your life seems regularly to have not enough sleep?Just me, it seems. But no, I have friends who do not sleep well or long on a nightly basis.

7. When you're sleeping, do your closer friends tend to be male or female? Why do you think that is? I find my closer friends are male, sleeping or waking. Why? I don't know.

8. If you could wake up tomorrow with a new talent, what would it be?
I would wake up with the talent to heal - myself, and others. What a wonderful talent that would be!

9. In a dream, is your past something that you can go back to? Usually, yes. I can also talk to the people who I knew that died. Who wouldn't want that?

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...