It’s time — actually, it’s a little past time — for a new round of questions. Scotty really wanted to go to the dog park today, so he hopes you’ll understand that this week’s set of questions are being posted a bit later in the day than normal!
Thanks for playing!
Be sure to check back this week and click on the links of bloggers who play along in the comments below! It’s a great way to find blogs you may not have visited and keep the conversation going!
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your blog… But don’t forget to leave a link to your blog so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!
1. What canned vegetable do you have the most of in your pantry? Um... no idea. I don't really like vegetables, never mind ones that come in cans. Luis might have some and if he does, it's usually peas and corn. I can't take the smell of either, so I stay away when he makes them.
2. What flavor of salad dressing do you have the most of in your refrigerator? I have Ken's Raspberry Vinaigrette (no sugar) in there. I don't think Luis has any salad dressing in there.
3. Do you prefer butter, margarine or a butter substitute? Mostly I use Shedd's Spread, which is margarine. It's okay. I'm not a total fan of the butter substitutes. Butter is great but not even a little healthy.
4. Which kind of cooking oil do you use the most? I don't. I don't cook a single thing. I come from a long line of women who marry men who cook. I don't touch raw food - yuck!
5. Take the test: Do You Eat Like a Liberal or a Conservative?
Well, this should be interesting. How is it we can pidgeon-hole people by what they eat? I'll find out... I suspect the worst, however... Well - look at this!
You may or may not be a political liberal, but studies show you sure eat like one. You gravitate toward food that is unusual, spicy, and extremely exotic. Whenever you can, you try to branch out culinarily. You definitely consider yourself a foodie. You should have a full passport for all of the different cuisines you've sampled. You have international taste.
Before you wonder how that worked, well, I love Thai food. I eat it almost every day. I also love Hindi food. I had trouble with the questions about McDonald's vs In-and-Out - I never heard of the latter and don't touch the former. And then there was the one with the veggie burger vs meatloaf - neither item is the real answer but I had to pick one (I opted for the veggie burger over meatloaf). But other questions such as Italian vs Thai Food - no argument! Thai will always win.
6. Not counting water, how many different kinds of drinks are there in your refrigerator? Um, Luis may have soda, which I don't touch. He has bug juice in there too. I have one small bottle of cranberry juice. There is milk, which I use for cereal but Luis drinks it. I can't stand milk and will never ever drink it.
If you have a Reader’s Choice question you’d like to see asked (and answered), send me an email! I’d love to include it in a future edition of the Saturday Six.