The Queen's Meme Centennial!

Welcome To The Queen's Meme #100!!!!
The Centennial Meme

We're 100 today! Happy birthday to us! In honor of all things that can be multiplied by ten, we'd like to invite you to our birthday party. Gifts and all  handsome men welcome... not necessarily in that order.

Let's party!

1. Ten x Ten = 100. What thing or person or experience in your life would you like to multiply by 10? All my travels - I have not traveled nearly enough, and Luis hates going anywhere, so I would really like to multiply that by 100!

2. Today you get to go shopping with a one hundred dollar bill. What will you buy? Um... You know, it is amazing how little one gets with a $100 bank note - unless it was £100! That would get a lot more bang for my buck. But even with $100 I'd go to Amazon.com - there is always a lot to get there! Music, movies, books, that all works.

3. How many centenarians do you know or have you ever known one? Yes, my great-grandfather was 104 and I did know him. That was a really long time ago. My grandparents also had nieghbours that were in their early 100s, and they were sharp as ever. Mr. Pakorny had a greenhouse full of cacti and he used to tell me all about them.

4. Have you ever weighed 100 pounds? Yes, many, many years ago. I guess I was around 17? I don't remember. I'm twice that now, so I would have a tough time recalling that.

(107 yr. old Chaldean man!)

5. The "First One Hundred Days" is the benchmark of performance for a United States President. Tell us what you accomplished in your first one hundred days of blogging. I would have to look that up. It's been a long time... Let me see...Wow. I have 2013 posts up, and another 20 some in Drafts. So at 100 days... I had this post:http://traislinge.blogspot.com/2006/03/remember-just-thinking-aloud.html. That was on 6 March 2006. It was about forgetting posting something prior to that. It was not a long post but that was the 100th post. I suppose to get to 100 days, I'd need to do math. Groan. Hold on...


OK.100 days was 29 November 2005. But I posted on 27 November, so it was 98 days. It was the post "Who is the Selfish One?" about how people love to tell me I'm selfish for not having kids. So I responded to that: http://traislinge.blogspot.com/2005/11/who-is-selfish-one.html. That's the closest to 100 days - the next post was in January of 2006, so it was well past that. So now six years and three years later, I have a gazillion posts. Well - over 2,000 of them, anyway!

6.  What is the secret to longevity? I don't know, but I am quite sure it is not Dannon Yogurt. Just a guess. I don't think it is a Vegan diet, either. Staying young at heart and happy has a lot to do with it and good genetics are a key factor.

7. You are invited to The Queen of Memes 100th Meme birthday party! We are going to play Pin The Tail On the Blog. Blindfold yourself and pick a blog that you enjoy reading and tell us about it. No need to throw darts dripping with sarcasm (I so despise mean-spirited blogs and you will end up in the dungeon - not that any of YOU would of course just sayin'.....gosh, being 100 sure made me fiesty tonight!) It's been a long day and I've seen some crazy blug-slinging lately. (That's blog+ mud +sludge for all you non-blog speakers) I digress. That's a post for another day... Just give someone the gift of recognition they deserve. There are lots of wonderful blogs out there. Who would you recommend? Patrick's Place is a sure winner - go to http://www.patrickkphillips.com/ - he is an excellent, excellent blogger. And there is not a mean bone in his body.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...