How "Average American" Are You?

Do you live within three miles of a McDonalds?
No
Yes

Do you make New Year's resolutions?
Yes
No

Do you donate to charity?
Yes
No

In your opinion, someone arrested for having a small amount of marijuana should be:
Not Jailed
Jailed

Do you think affirmative action is necessary these days?
No
Yes

Would you pay to go to outer space?
Yes
No

Do you drink alcohol on occasion?
Yes
No

On a scale of 1-10, you would rate your appearance:
Somewhere between 1 and 4
Somewhere between 5 and 10

Have you known your best friend for at least ten years?
Yes
No

Do you have a four year college degree?
Yes
No

You Are 60% "Average American"
You are average because you live within three miles of McDonalds.

You are not average since you don't think affirmative action is necessary.

My Comments
I'm very disappointed to find out that I am 60% Average American. I really don't consider myself typical of an American. I find the typical American... well, insular and disappointing. Crass, loud, unknowledgeable about other cultures. I am very different from most people - sometimes it's good, sometimes, not.

So let me see... (it is pouring out. I mean, really unbelievably pouring. Yikes.)

I do live within 3 miles of a McDonald's but I don't eat the food there, ever. I would say that would be more defining of an American.

Goals are so much more productive than New Year's resolutions, which no one keeps. And as a volunteer EMT, you better believe I donate to charity.

You're kidding me, jail someone for a minor amount of marijuana? I'm not sure that I'd jail marijuana sellers. No one has died from a marijuana overdose (unless it was laced with something far worse). It is the lowest end of the illegal drug spectrum. I also think legalising drugs would be a good idea.

Affirmative Action has its goals but it has become a pointless exercise when companies are forced to hire a mediocre employee because of one's ethnic background instead of hiring the best candidate regardless of their culture or background or ethnicity. So I feel that Affirmative Action has outlived its usefulness.

I would do anything to get into space, so if I have to pay for that (after I knock over a bank), I'll do it!

Alcohol: No way. I see way too many inebriated people and hate them all in that state to ever want to drink a thing. There are so many more fulfilling ways to lighten up and have fun and I know for myself, I am exactly the same buzzed as I am stone-cold sober. I have no issues expressing my feelings or anything else, so what will alcohol do for me? Make me less inhibited? Is that possible?

My only vanity is my hair. I don't wear make up and I only dress up at work because it is a requirement.

Luis is my best friend and we have been friends for eighteen and a half years. And my other best friend (I suppose he is now my former best friend) was my friend for twenty years. Long relationships are my specialty.

I suspect that I am as un-American as anyone because I have not one single minute of college - forget the degree. My intelligence is not measured by my school history or my not attending college. And seeing the calibre of people who graduate college, I'm not convinced that this does anything for us as a society.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...