What Does My Work Space Say About Me?

Quiz
How clean is your work space?
A bit messy
Spotless
A total mess

Do you have a clock prominently displayed?
No
Yes

Do you have any photos of friends or family members displayed?
Yes, mostly facing you
Yes, mostly facing people who might visit your work space
No

Do you have any plants in your work space?
No
Yes

Do you have a candy bowl or other treats out for people?
No
Yes

What Your Workspace Says About You
You are an organized and detail oriented person. You have your life in order.

You are hardworking and driven. You have an excellent work ethic.

You enjoy your job and don't feel guilty about how much time you spend working. You have a good balance between work and your personal life.

You are still trying to figure out your ideal career. You could quit your current job on any given day.

At work, you are an introvert. You don't like people coming around your work space.

My Comments
This is mostly accurate. I don't have photos of my family on my desk, at all. I read in a couple of Organising books and time management books (which are totally wonderful and addictive) that photos are distracting, and it is good to have them, but not on the immediate workspace. My desk has only work things. My filing cabinets and wall board have images and framed photos.

Plants: no way - I'm terribly allergic to pollen.

Bowl of candy: I used to have it, but the humidity in my 100-year-old building makes keeping any candy impossible. The chocolates melted. The Skittles turned into a congealed mass. I gave up after that. In the winter I can do it but in the summer, it is unworkable. Also, I have to keep candy I won't eat.

But yes, I do need to keep people out of my office. I used to be more social but it was definitely getting in the way of getting work done. As the Human Resources Manager I have to be accessible and I do make time to be seen and social as people will tell you. But I have to keep the visits to a minimum to keep my schedule on track.

I enjoyed this. I love things like this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...