Saturday Six: Episode 218

1. What is your biggest distraction in a normal day?

Employee interruptions. Usually those are consistent distractions, but they are part and parcel of the job. Fortunately, few people interrupt me during Monday's payroll run.

2. On an average day, do you feel like you accomplish more than you should, less than you should, or something in between?

Hard to say. On average, I get done all of my A tasks, most of my B tasks and maybe a C task. The A tasks are critical and those need to be done that day. B tasks are usually ones that can be moved once or twice before they end up as A tasks. C tasks are at the bottom of the list. Normal, but almost impossible to get to. I would have to say that on average (now - since March) I am at least getting what I need to accomplished and a couple of things more to boot.

3. If you know that a close friend has a serious problem, do you ever let that worry you to the extent that it distracts you from things you need to do?

No, that very, very rarely happens. I know what I need to do and I do it. There are times that are okay to be more immersed in someone else's condition, but there are times when it is not okay.

4. Take the quiz: How’s Your Attention Span?

That should be interesting. I suspect it is incredibly short.

5. Do you generally find yourself more distracted in the morning or the afternoon?

Oh, the afternoon, definitely. I start running out of steam around 1430 and it heads downhill from there. By 1600, I can't focus on much of anything. In the mornings, I'm very sharp and focussed and ready to go.

6. What works best for you in terms of removing the distraction and getting back to work?

Sticking to the list of to-dos in my organiser. That definitely keeps me on track and making sure I am getting what I need to done.

How's Your Attention Span?
When you're working, do you get easily distracted?
Yes, if it's really loud nearby
Only occasionally
Yes, you are distracted by the smallest interruptions

Do you have trouble making plans and following through on them?
Not really
Yes, this happens to you quite a bit
Sometimes, especially if what you're doing is complicated

How often do you catch yourself daydreaming?
Hardly ever
Every day
Multiple times a day

How do you make decisions?
You make decisions rather quickly, but not too quickly
You think things through very carefully
You make decisions on the fly, without thinking about them too much

Do you have trouble sitting still?
A little - you tend to fidget
Sitting still drives you crazy!
Not at all

How good are you at waiting?
You're somewhat patient, but you have trouble dealing with long waits
You are a very patient person
You are very impatient. You can't stand waiting.

How do you tend to get things done?
You take on projects and finish most of them
You take on projects and finish only a few of them
You take on projects and finish them

Your Attention Span is Medium
Your attention span is just about average. You may think that you have a short attention span... But being distracted is something most people struggle with. The most important thing is that you're aware that your mind wanders. If you find yourself daydreaming, you can usually snap out of it. It may be tough to concentrate at times, but you can do it... if you want to!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Aftermath a From Season Five of "MasterChef"

A.W.A.D. - 14-Letter Words, 14-Letter Definitions

An Interesting Wife Swap...